8 Insights into Nick’s Success
|January 1, 2011||Posted by Teresa Ivory under Success Stories|
If you landed here without reading Success Stories: Nick Bramhall vs. the Munros, these insights will seem to be missing a little something.
1. Nick was inspired by his Grandfather and others. Want to be successful? Let others inspire you with their successes.
2. Nick chose a challenging and demanding goal. Climbing since 2007, he decided to knock out almost half (48) of the 100 munros in 2010. Wimpy goals lead to wimpy results. Real men climb mountains! Either literally or figuratively.
3. A delay in reaching the goal did not stop him. Sadly, it stops some people cold.
4. Nick is humble. Read his second paragraph again. I’ve only done a hundred so far…I was a little late with the 48 for this year… Are you KIDDING me?! But humility is something I noticed frequently in successful people. Not much talk, plenty of action.
5. This was only a sub-goal! He’s going to do all 283! If you haven’t figured out the importance biting off sections of your big goals to work on, take a lesson from Nick.
6. A deadline date. Do you see how by setting a date Nick did the jump to light speed and got it done?
7. Nick is passionate about the subject. You need either passion for the thing you are doing or passion for the end result to be successful. The combination of both is better.
8. “I have enjoyed every minute of it, even the tough times…” I believe Nick just gave us one of the most important secrets to success. He said it so quietly and humbly, I wanted to make sure you didn’t miss it.
Thank you again, Nick. I am inspired and ready to rock for 2011!